Saturday, August 28, 2010

Patriotic Hexies




A few years ago my friend, Jovita, showed me her Grandmother's Flower Garden using silks...I had to do a wall hanging. Those hexies were small, each side was a half inch. Someday I'll post pics of that project. 

Two weeks ago, I started a new hexie project. This time, bigger. Bigger hexies, bigger project. My hope is to make a patriotic quilt to donate to either 
for wounded soldier quilts.

This time I'm working with giant hexies. Each side is 1.5 inches. 
GIANT.



I'll post again when I'm closer to finishing. I think I'll be short on fabric but I'll check the fabric shop inside my closet...maybe there is something there.

1 comment:

  1. These are looking great Maria! And .. yes, I am finding that 1-1/2" is huge too. Can't wait to finish my Courtyard Quilt so I can return to the little ones again.

    ReplyDelete